I keep seeing wonderful bloggers who have their shit together and feel so inspired and then that inspiration fades and I'm left feeling awful and, frankly, not good enough- Like I could never hope to be in the same playing field as them... But that's another post for another day. Maybe.
On the brighter side of things, I have a delicious, nutritious smoothie to help get you through the few remaining winter months we have left. (Side note: If anyone sees that bitch Elsa, tell her to knock it off. )
- 1 Banana- Sliced & frozen (Heck, you could go bananas and add two for a slightly thicker mix)
- 1 Container Chobani Greek coconut yogurt
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened almond milk (or amount needed to reach desired consistency- This smoothie is a little more fluid)
- 4 Ice cubes
- 1 Tsp ground tumeric
- 1 Tsp Extra-Virgin coconut oil - solid, not melted
- 2 Tsp Agave nectar (May be replaced with maple syrup, honey, or your favorite liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
Not only is it tasty, but this smoothie has a whole lot of health benefits. The banana is full of potassium which would be great if you're feeling a little sore from day-after Valentines activities (Get your mind out of the gutter! I meant if you're like me and downed a bottle of wine and are now eyeing the unopened bottle of Prosecco in the fridge like it's, well, more wine.)! To keep in line with helping you recover, tumeric and ginger are fantastic anti-inflammatory and detox aids as well as possible mood boosters. I mean, you could always hit up the day after chocolate sales, but this might be healthier.
If you do need to find a way to work it, put your thing down, flip it and reverse it if you did have too many sweets or a large meal (We made homemade sushi- Yum!), coconut and cinnamon are great metabolism boosters while the flax seed will keep you full for longer.
Try it out and let me know what you think! How did you celebrate Valentines Day?